Re: "pre-installation"?

Subject: Re: "pre-installation"?
From: "Tom Murrell" <tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: Benzi Schreiber <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 07:03:08 -0500

>From: "Benzi Schreiber" <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>
>To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
>Subject: "pre-installation"?
>Date: Wed, Jan 19, 2000, 2:57 AM
>

> The Installation Guide has 2 sections:
>
> * The first deals with everything that has to be done before installing our
> actual application (operating system, databases, environment, etc.).
> * The second explains how to install the app.
>
> What should the first section be called? Someone here suggested
> "Pre-installation Configuration".
> Anyone have a better idea?

Ideas? Yeah, we got ideas. (Better ideas? That's for you to judge.)

Pre-Installation Activities

Pre-Installation Requirements

Do These Things Before Installation

If You Don't Do These Things Before Installing The Software The Warranty
Will Be Void And People Will Stare At You Oddly

(Don't thank me; it was my pleasure.)

Tom Murrell