RE: FrameMaker vs. the competition

Subject: RE: FrameMaker vs. the competition
From: Marc Santacroce <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:32:46 -0800

Sean Brierly gave a beautiful comparison of different word and document processing applications. IMHO, much of the decision seems to revolve around how the staff will exchange and edit documents produced in Frame. Others have already offered how the on-line editing might be managed. I'm now wondering how many of us still prefer to distribute and receive hard copy edits.

I recently saw another alternative, (no I am not pushing the company), and that's a WebEx conference where the "host" brings up the document on-screen, and the reviewers and other meeting attendees sign on to a teleconference and view the host's computer on their own screens, even f they don't have that application. It also allows the reviewers to annotate in different colors. anyone tried this?

Regards,

Marc

-
Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer/President
ePubs, Inc.

epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net

"Everything has a fifty percent probability; either it's going to happen, or it's not."