Re: The Old Argument: FrameMaker vs. MS Word

Subject: Re: The Old Argument: FrameMaker vs. MS Word
From: Marc Santacroce <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:35:42 -0800

I'm not sure who asked the question...
-------

"I'll buy that. I'm interested in which features you miss in Frame."

------
but from my experience:

Frame lets you assign a character style within a paragraph style. It's invaluable for drawing attention to screens, fields, buttons, or commands within body text.

Complex numbering in Word is a disaster, in Frame it's a breeze.

Frame doesn't cut the links to all graphics when it runs short of memory.

Frame easily creates run-in heads, I'm not even sure word can do that unless you use tables.

Ahhhh, I fell much better now.

Marc

-
Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer/President
ePubs, Inc.

epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net

"Everything has a fifty percent probability; either it's going to happen, or it's not."