Can you get Help from a Frame File? (was Re: The Old Argument: Framemaker vs. MS Word)

Subject: Can you get Help from a Frame File? (was Re: The Old Argument: Framemaker vs. MS Word)
From: Mark Dempsey <mxd2 -at- osi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:53:25 -0800

May I suggest you take a look at
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/1059/help/templatehelp.htm

This is straight out of FrameMaker (via Webworks), and is a perfectly
nice cross-platform, cross-browser help system. (Yes, there are more
help authoring tools that support Word or RTF.)

As for whether pdfs are a stop-gap... I guess we disagree there too. I
won't argue that most folks use them badly, but we don't. I've had
nothing like the number of complaints about our pdfs that we've fielded
about winhelp. (A secret militia movement is forming as I write to
assassinate the dancing paperclip...8^))

.just wanting to broaden your horizons...

--
Regards,

-- mailto:Mark -dot- Dempsey -at- osi -dot- com
--
-- Mark Dempsey
-- Technical Publications