Re: Framemaker/MS Word/Ventura

Subject: Re: Framemaker/MS Word/Ventura
From: Kim Nylander <kim -dot- nylander -at- ipix -dot- com>
To: "Edwin Skau" <eddy_skau -at- mailcity -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:41:35 -0400

>This thing is sizzling. Has anybody used Corel Ventura? I am told it
>offers amazing document control, and is not as ball-breaking as interleaf.
>Any Ventura aficionados in this list?

From what I've seen, of those who are not using Word, about 30% of the
rest use Frame, 15-20% use Ventura, and the rest use Interleaf or oth
products. I know someone recently did a summary of current applications,
and it can be found in the archives.

I have a PDF file that provides a complete comparison between Ventura,
Frame, Word, and Quark XPress. If you would like a copy, please email me
offlist and I'll be happy to send it to you.

I think every DTP package has it high and low points. Everyone of us has
a preference, even though that preference may not be what we have the
opportunity to use. Trying to convince someone which DTP package is
better is like trying to convert a Macintosh user to the Windows platform.

Kind regards,

Kim Nylander