Taming the beast

Subject: Taming the beast
From: David Chisma <dchisma -at- retaildir -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:23:19 +1100

Dave Chisma wrote:

Someone posted an interesting comment about Where Is It
(http://www.whereisit-soft.com/ ). I would reply directly, but I can't find
the message amongst the 300+ e-mails I found this morning.

But since I'm posting to the list I might as well take advantage. Here's my
question: Have you used 'Where Is It' (or something similar), and if so, how
has it helped you?

I have a similar problem to the one quoted earlier: I've recently joined an
organization that has produced thousands of feral (uncontrolled,
uncataloged) documents over the years. Where Is It might be just the thing
to help sort out this mess and help me tame the beast (or at least keep it
from biting me so often).

David Chisma
Technical Writer
Retail Directions Group
dchisma -at- retaildir -dot- com -dot- au