Re: the Shoemaker's Children

Subject: Re: the Shoemaker's Children
From: Dan Brinegar <vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com>
To: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:15:35 -0700 (MST)

At 2:28 PM -0600 1/24/2000, Jo Francis Byrd wrote:
>Your point, Eric, illustrates one of my pet theories about technical writers,
>especially those of us who write directions for a living - and do it very
>well.
>We're the worst in the world when it comes to reading directions.

There is, no doubt, a long greek name for this concept, as it occurs so
frequently ( but I could be pullin an Alanis and confusing several concepts
for one... isn't it ironic? [or just sad?] 8-)

"Call tech support!?!?! I *AM* Tech Support?"

"The Shoemaker's children go barefoot."

"The bodyman's truck is the rustiest in the parking lot."

"Doctors make the worst patients...."

Dan Brinegar Information Developer/Research Droid

"Leveraging Institutional Memory through Contextual
Digital Asymptotic Approximations of Application Processes
suited to utilization by Information-Constrained,
Self-Actualizing Non-Technologists."

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com CCDB Vr2Link
http://www.vr2link.com Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.