Outlines to graphics.

Subject: Outlines to graphics.
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: Tech Writing List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:45:20 -0600

Does anyone know if there's a tool that will convert outlined lists to charts automatically?

I'm trying to find a product that will take something like the following:

1. Open safe.
1.1 Pick lock.
1.2 Learn combo
1.2.1 Find written combo.
1.2.2 Get combo from target
1.3 Cut open safe
1.4 Install safe improperly

..and so forth

and automatically turn it into something like the graphic at http://www.counterpane.com/attacktrees-fig6.html.

I was wondering if either Visio or ABC Flowcharter had something like that, or some other package entirely.

Thanks for any help!
--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.