Re: Do you give permission to use your materials?

Subject: Re: Do you give permission to use your materials?
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:40:55 -0600

As a consultant myself, I have to echo what Michelle wrote. My portfolio materials are mine to use in my portfolio because the clients have given me permission to use them. I do not own them, have no right to distribute them.
Consequently, I guard them jealously.

This is an area where there is so much gray we must tread lightly, take the highest, most ethical ground possible, I think. At least, that's the rule I follow, and it actually makes my life a lot easier. So many difficult decisions
I don't have to consider as a result.

Jo Byrd