Re: ADMIN: Re: OT How do I unsubscribe?

From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:25:59 -0600

Being one of those who HATE having to resort to directions (and I'm married to an
analytical type who LOVES having the directions! We drive each other batty, as you
might imagine).....

I've gotten into the habit of glancing (note the verb!) at the directions prior to
installing software to see if there's anything odd I need to know about before
charging full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes. My leaning style is to worry away
at it until I figure it out. The online help and manual are for when all else fails
(and I can't tell you the number of times my problem is not addressed in either
because it's so weird, or, just as frustrating, the directions don't work as
promised. Now, THAT bugs me).

Given my druthers, I'll never venture into either the manual or the online help. If
I have to, I'd like for the online help to work properly.

Jo Byrd