Using the word "may"

Subject: Using the word "may"
From: Mr Smith <techwritermw -at- altavista -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: 26 Jan 2000 08:44:27 -0800

Hi,

I've checked several sources and the archives, but I'm not sure what to to about the following sentence:

"Depending on [blah], you may or may not be able to...[blah blah blah]."

Any suggestions about how to rewrite? The use of "may" bothers me, but I haven't found a better replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Free Internet Access from AltaVista: Get it, share it & win!
http://freeaccess.altavista.com/pika/www/initweb.jsp