Problem with MS Word 97 (go figure)

Subject: Problem with MS Word 97 (go figure)
From: "Bowen, Marianne" <Marianne -dot- Bowen -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:55:49 -0500

Hi everyone,

I have encountered a rather weird problem with Word, and so far it has
everyone stumped, including our helpdesk.

When I open Word in the morning it works just fine. Well, it works as fine
as can be expected. After a while my Standard toolbar disappears. Actually,
the toolbar itself is still there, it is just empty. I have selected Tools
==> Customize ==> Reset ==>, it did not work. I have tried to turn it off
and back on, no result. If I close down Word and start it again I get my
toolbar back, at least for a little while. I tried to ascertain if there is
an action I take while using Word that would cause my toolbar to be hidden,
but I have not been able to link specific actions to the end result.

Did anyone ever come across this problem and were you able to figure out
what causes it?

Marianne

Marianne Bowen
Sr. Technical Writer