Text takes on graphic's color?

Subject: Text takes on graphic's color?
From: Geoff hart <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:41:14 -0500

joel vaillancourt reports yet another word problem:

> I added a graphic to my document (it's a training document) so that it
looks like this.
> Notes
> |
> trainingstuffhere |
> trainingstuffhere |
> trainingstuffhere |
> trainingstuffhere |
>
> Now this graphic is a straight line in the header that goes almost from
the top of the page to almost the bottom of the
> page. I have no wrap around and the text doesn't touch it anywhere. The
graphic is 25% grey.
> My problem is that the text next to the graphic takes on the same color as
the graphic.

Blind guess here: if the gray line is a foreground object, Word may
misunderstand what's going on and transfer the line's color to any text that
lies beneath it (or beside it). Could you move the line into the background,
so the text lies on top of it, and try again?

--Geoff Hart, Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca
"The paperless office will arrive when the paperless toilet
arrives."--Matthew Stevens