Translation with minor tables & flow charts

Subject: Translation with minor tables & flow charts
From: sinico -at- nbnet -dot- nb -dot- ca (H.Durstling)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:04:10 -0400

Hi folks,

Much as I hate to do so I need to ask a tools question, and a shamefully
elementary one at that.

The background is that up to now I've been able to get by by furnishing
writing while remaining agreeably innocent of tools and their complexities
and compatibilities. Hence my word processing software is medieval but has
hitherto been sufficient.

Now, (alas, wail & moan) I am faced with a major translation which includes
minor tables and flow charts. The original is on paper. The client wants a
finished document on paper; I do not yet know whether he wants it in
electronic form also. I don't think he does either. Needless to say at this
level of banality there will be nothing hyperactive about it whatever.

This seems an opportune occasion for me to venture into the age of
enlightenment by upgrading to a program which will do tables and flow
charts; which also is flexible, capable, long lasting and whose finished
documents can be saved and transmitted by email in the most universally
useful way possible.

I use a PowerMac 7200.

Any sage advice from seasoned practitioners?

Ecclesiastes 10:19
Hans Durstling
Moncton, Canada
<sinico -at- nbnet -dot- nb -dot- ca>