Re: Do you give permission/make own samples

Subject: Re: Do you give permission/make own samples
From: Katav <katav -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:47:25 -0800 (PST)

John P's got the right idea. I have samples of stuff I
created to share with the masses wherever I've been
.. FrameMaker Autonumbering Made Easy, How to Use
Hummingbird Exceed to FTP files between UNIX<>Windows,

How to Create Toolbars in Word, and other "stuff."
None very deep -- I DO have some material that's more
TECHNICAL (and edited to protect the innocent) -- but
I think the short samples are, for the most part, as
effective.

'Course I have a real problem with "real" samples --
as an interviewer/reviewer, how do I know if the
client didn't have control of the structure, tone,
language of the doc; or was there an editor cleaning
up the candidate's work? I think I'd RATHER have
short samples such as John P. and I show on the WWW.
(By the way, it also shows off my skills with HTML and
PDF.)

--- John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> > As an aside, I don't have writing samples that are
> > NOT from my previous
> > employers, other than a few newsletter articles
> and
>
> Make some. Maybe put together a 3-4 page web site
> with
> some of your own written material.
>
> Maybe do what I did just a couple of days ago: To my
> non-computer-biz friends, I've become the "Shell
> Answer Man" for questions they may have regarding
>
> =====
> John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
> Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
> (work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
> (pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
> "When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles,
> scream and shout."

=====
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

http://im.yahoo.com