Re: statistics for types of computers the general public owns

Subject: Re: statistics for types of computers the general public owns
From: iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk (Iain Harrison)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:14 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> For example, 50% of the general public own computers
> with a sound card. Or, 25% of the general public own a pentium
> computer

There's one I could tell you: 89.65% of statistics are made up on the
spot ;-)

I can't see how you could get the information you need. OK, you may get
sales figures, but you're not asking how many computers, you're asking
how many people. It almost certainly isn't a 1:1 correlation.

--

Iain

iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk
iainh -at- cix -dot- co -dot- uk