RE: FrameMaker 2000?

Subject: RE: FrameMaker 2000?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:22:25 -0500

Hallo:

Beta testers are silenced by a thorough NDA from Adobe. Adobe seems not
announce new releases too far in advance. The upside is this reduces the
chances of vapourware, a la Microsoft, but the downside is potential
customers might perceive the product as stale or worse, no longer under
development.

From forums and U.G.s, and from other sources like John Warnock's keynote
available at http://www.frameusers.com (no, I don't buy his statement that
he uses FrameMaker as his word processor <vbg>), and from other events, such
as the recently-announced FrameMaker beta for Linux, and given what InDesign
cannot do, I am certain, beyond any doubt, that FrameMaker 6 is coming. I
have not seen an announcement from Adobe, but I have seen statements from
folks associated with Adobe that point to the latter part of Q2 as a release
target.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com