RE: Special Characters in Web Docs

Subject: RE: Special Characters in Web Docs
From: "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- oee -dot- com>
To: "TechWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:21:08 -0500

John,

See http://www.bbsinc.com/iso8859.html -- "ASCII - ISO 8859-1
(Latin-1) Table with HTML Entity Names"

A link on that document leads me to think you may have
to jump through some hoops to provide Mac users
with the equivalent WinSymbols (I didn't follow the
link):

Mapping Adobe® Symbol font onto Unicode in Unicode order.
Note that the Microsoft® Windows font named "Symbol" and the
Adobe Symbol font are equivalent.

John Wolf asked
>>The characters I need are in the Windows TrueType Symbols font,
>>but can I be comfortable that everyone has this font, including
>>Mac users?

Jessica N. Lange mailto:jlange -at- oee -dot- com
Technical Communicator, Ohio Electronic Engravers, Inc.