RE: techwr-l digest: February 01, 2000

Subject: RE: techwr-l digest: February 01, 2000
From: Jennifer Laiks <jlaiks -at- prioritycall -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:47:21 -0500

Kathleen has a good point about getting out of a SIG what you put into it.
However, I feel that non existing SIGs should be listed differently on the
STC application. Perhaps under a category of "Which of the following SIGs
are you interested in helping to develop?" That way, applicants could
check off undeveloped SIGs only if they know they have the time to help
create them. To anyone thinking that I should have addressed this point to
the STC, you are right.

Subject: RE: STC SIGs - scam or resource?
From: Kathleen Padova <kpadova -at- Paytrust -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 08:51:55 -0500

I also joined the Emerging Technologies SIG and heard nary a peep. The
following year I voted with my dollars and did not sign up for the Emergin
Technologies SIG again. I did join the Online, Information Design, and
Usability SIGs. I think the $5 for each doesn't even cover the volunteer
efforts to produce the newsletters and web sites. If I want more I should
volunteer some of my own time the SIGs. In many cases you get out of a SIG
what you put in to it.

Kathleen Padova