Re: Version management in Unix environment (with FrameMaker)

Subject: Re: Version management in Unix environment (with FrameMaker)
From: Chris Despopoulos <cud -at- arrakis -dot- es>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 12:07:46 +0100

I have seen ClearCase in action, and it is alright, if a bit
complicated. I have also set up and used RCS... The price
is right. You can configure scripts, etc. for whatever
notifications you need. Another plus is that you can set up
CGI scripts to perform everything through a browser
interface, and cat the Maker files out across the web. That
lets the Unix-fobes live with your system, too.

BTW, one problem with version control and Maker is XRefs and
other links of that sort. If you want to check out single
documents, then the XRefs will not work. Further, you will
need to check out the targets of XRefs whenever you want to
oput them in.

cud