Re: Team player

Subject: Re: Team player
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 07:23:23 -0800

I have been watching this thread for a bit and now have to share my 2 cents.

I do look for a team player when I bring a new writer in. I look for someone
who will work with us, not on their own team under my roof. I want someone
who will say "How can I help?" if things are tough and we are overwhelmed. I
want someone who understands that people are human and doesn't pick at the
behavior of others until it becomes disruptive. I want someone who is not
afraid to throw a bad idea out, in the hopes that it may spark a good idea.

I have worked with too many clients who are, in the words of a wise woman at
a very large client "All self employed". Too many times everyone is doing
what they want, regardless of what they have been told the joint effort is.
It is like we are all herding cattle and the goal is to get them to Dodge
City. Except everyone is herding their cattle to other towns. The result is
very odd. Bickering, deception, destruction.

That is what I mean when I am looking for team players.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com