RE: Mac/Window button names

Subject: RE: Mac/Window button names
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: "Karen Neeb" <KNeeb -at- Winnebago -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:59:37 -0500

I have found that the example 1. below works best.

In the beginning/introduction of the document, spell out your conventions,
with examples.

Also...

Consider this: ALWAYS make the keyboard references BOLD and all CAPS.
The key references always standout in the document text.

This has worked well in the documentation that I have done while in an
engineering
(hardware/software) environment where the ultimate audience is 'unknown'.
And the
keyboard they (the user) use may be different than the one that I was using
during my documentation phase.

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion
of this email are mine and mine alone. They are not the
thoughts, ideas, and/or opinions of any past, present, or
future employers, or any group that I might belong to."