Re: Mac/Window button names

Subject: Re: Mac/Window button names
From: "Arthur Schweke" <tekritelist -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 15:07:15 CST

I would use the Windows button names only. PC users outnumber MAC users and MAC users are intelligent enough to know that SAVE is the same as OK. If in doubt use a back slash.
Hi All,Do any of you document cross-platform software that uses different button
names depending on what platform the user has? For example, OK and Cancel
buttons in Windows may be called Save and Cancel on the Mac.
What is an appropriate way to document the buttons in instructions steps? I
would prefer to just keep one set of instructions rather than duplicating
the entire set for each platform (therefore having to maintain it only in
one place).
Some ideas I have are to use either a slash or parenthesis to include both
button names in the same step:1. Click the OK/Save button.
1. Click the OK (Save) button.Anyone have any other suggestions?