RE: Font problems in PDF; Importing Excel to FM

Subject: RE: Font problems in PDF; Importing Excel to FM
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "'techwrl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:21:24 -0500

Curtis,

I would bet money (but not much) that your Century Schoolhouse font is a
TrueType font -- I've never had this problem with Adobe Type 1 fonts.

Let me share with you something I recently wrote on another list, about a
related problem:

1) Always use Adobe Type 1 fonts.
2) You can get away with Times New Roman, Arial, and Courier New if your
intended audience only uses Windows machines, since these faces are on all
Windows machines.
3) Always use Adobe Type 1 fonts.
4) If you still have problems, embed the whole font. You might also
consider just changing the threshold for font subsetting if you use several
other fonts (say, symbols) sporadically throughout the document and they're
not giving you problems.
5) Always use Adobe Type 1 fonts!
6) There is NO rule 6.

Emru Townsend, Information Developer | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Black History Pages: http://purpleplanetmedia.com/bhp
Recent musings: http://www.montreal.com/tech/2000/01/25reso.html