RE: Backward compatible?

Subject: RE: Backward compatible?
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "'techwrl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:53:27 -0500

I disagree. "Backward compatible" carries the implication that Version 4
can work with Version 4's data, but not vice versa. Compare that to Word
2000's files being compatible with Word 97's.

Emru Townsend, Information Developer | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Black History Pages: http://purpleplanetmedia.com/bhp
Recent musings: http://www.montreal.com/tech/2000/01/25reso.html