RE: Mac/Window button names

Subject: RE: Mac/Window button names
From: "Christian, Peter" <PACf -at- pge -dot- com>
To: "'Murrell, Thomas'" <TMurrell -at- alldata -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:16:39 -0800

The best Mac/Windows documentation that I have seen was in Metacreations
software documentation, and Hash Animation Master.

Both sets of documentation gave the Windows command followed by the
Macintosh equivelent, in parenthesis. For example:

Right-Click on the frame (Option-Click on the frame).

Further, at the start of the documentation, the writer explained what they
were doing, and why.

Do not assume that any users in general are smarter than any others. The
iMac is specifically marketed to people who have never owned a computer
before. Many people start working on Windows machines in their office
without the benefit of training.

Peter Christian