Re: FWD: Getting out of a bad situation

Subject: Re: FWD: Getting out of a bad situation
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 11:17:09 -0500

At 10:16 AM 02/07/2000 -0500, Michele Marques wrote:
>...(2) Follow the suggestion already posted of getting a let-
>ter of reference and hiring someone to translate the letter...

I firmly agree with this. It sounds like the perfect solution.

In one of the world's largest banks, the head of Committee Services was
caught dealing drugs at the office, and was allowed to resign. (Why?
Primarily because they didn't want the SEC to decide to investigate the
work he'd been doing.) That's fairly typical (at least in the USA), where
companies allow people to resign to avoid a public scandal. Accordingly,
anyone who can't produce a question tends to raise a red flag. Having two
references with translations sounds like the perfect solution.

Good luck!