Word numbering Question

Subject: Word numbering Question
From: "Tristan Bishop" <claritydocs -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 15:52:07 -0800

OK, I know there are known autonumbering problems in Word 97, but . . .

For those who use both Word and FrameMaker, I'm trying to create a pair of
styles in Word 97 that function like the numbering of FrameMaker paragraph
formats.

I've created an N1 style which always displays "Step 1" as an autonumber.
My N+ style displays "Step 2" and higher, incremental by one.

Now, how do I make the N+ style revert to Step 2 (restart) after each
instance of an N1 paragraph?

Thanks,

Tristan Bishop
Clarity Consulting