Re: Can anyone recommend a real good flat-bed scanner?

Subject: Re: Can anyone recommend a real good flat-bed scanner?
From: "TrishGreen" <TrishGreen -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:38:02 -0600

I use a "good" quality scanner (not top of the line, but I don't need top of
the line) and recommend it to virtually all of my clients. It's the
Visioneer One Touch 7600 (USB). As you pointed out, the scanner is only a
device; what really counts for text is your OCR software. ZDNet recommends
Caere's OmniPage Pro 10, and I recommend ScanSoft's TextBridge. Either one
will give you over 90% accuracy with your OCR.

Trish Green
Malachite Finch Publications, Ltd.