Using Lotus Notes for Documentation?

Subject: Using Lotus Notes for Documentation?
From: Shari Gray <sharigray -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 06:51:37 -0800 (PST)

OK, pick yourself up off the floor like I had to.
Yesterday, the Lotus Notes and Network guys came to
seek my input about doing this. Right now we use Notes
as sort of a document repository by attaching Word
documents to a database. I guess there is a way in
Notes to create a new Word document from inside of
Notes. The showed it to me and it looks like Word is
embedded inside of Notes. Does anyone else work like
this? Are there any pitfalls? They are willing to
listen to what I have to say so I want to be able to
give them logical reasons if this won't work. I am new
to using Notes and new to this company. They said the
reason they are so up on this is the ability to make
them web documents when they get the Intranet up (I
hope this isn't like Word's "Save as HTML" nightmare).

Anyway, I would love to hear if anyone is doing this
and your opinions. Please no discussions on why I
shouldn't be using Word. That's not the point.

Thanks!
Shari
http://im.yahoo.com