Dreamweaver Questions - URGENT

Subject: Dreamweaver Questions - URGENT
From: Sylvia Braunstein <sbraun -at- rugged -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:28:38 +0200

1. I would really how to set up a test area so that people in the US
and in Europe can view website (with a password)?

2. On the left side of my website, I have a series of links that are
the same for approximately 80 pages of our website. If I have to add a
product to this list of links, I have to add a link on 80 pages, which
is ridiculous. I thus decided I would use templates. I set up a template
with the left side and the top of the page (buttons - graphics) set as a
non-editable area, making sure that that all the links are working
properly.
Once I open a "new file from template", all I do is pasting the text and
links in the editable area. Sometimes, it works fine. Most of the time
the links get messed up (this includes everything: graphics, links,
etc.). I noticed that Dreamweaver adds in the path of the links the
following: File:\\ instead of following the regular path. I suppose
this is why everything gets messed up. ANY ideas???? Is this a
configuration problem??? Is there something wrong with using
templates??? HELPPPP
Thanks,
Sylvia