RE: Pay rate for contractor with no experience

Subject: RE: Pay rate for contractor with no experience
From: Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:04:26 -0600

Well, I would guess it all depends on what part of the country you're in.
I am probably behind the times on my rates. I know that my company
pays $45-60/hr (depending on whether we're paying a commission) for
experienced writers, but I haven't hired an inexperienced one. Back
in 93 in Houston there were some places that were paying only $20/hr.
for experienced writers (although the norm was $30). And I know some
experienced writers now in Houston who are only getting $35.

Kay Robart