Re: Pay rate for contractor with no experience

Subject: Re: Pay rate for contractor with no experience
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 07:45:41 PST

Tony Markatos asks Jo Byrd:

The last I remember, $40/hr as a 1099 contractor is equal to (after considering taxes, paid medicial, paid holiday, etc) about $25/hour as a W-2 contractor. So Jo, which are you talking about? Also, where are you located?

Jo Byrd said:

My first contract job back in '93 (and I had NO experience!) was $25/hour. In this area, experienced (senior level) tech writers should get at a minimum $35/hour, and more likely $40. I'm in help development, and that puts me a little higher on the food chain, but I've had no problems getting my requested
rate (which is higher than $40/hour, BTW).

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)