Re: Can a Technical Writer be a Web Designer

Subject: Re: Can a Technical Writer be a Web Designer
From: "Bill Sullivan" <bsullivan -at- powerware -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, edunn -at- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:36:04 -0500

Eric Dunn:
>Much of the "content" is no more informative than a good comic book or glossy photo magazine.

I recently decided to have a look at PC Magazine's annual list of top 100 web sites. I wanted to see what the top (according to PC Magazine) web sites in our field (we make hardware and software) were doing.

I was pleased to notice that all the home pages I looked at were text-driven, not graphics-oriented. The site is at http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/special/web100/

Bill S.