HUMOR: Top 10 Reasons to Contract

Subject: HUMOR: Top 10 Reasons to Contract
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwrl-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:43:21 -0800 (PST)

10. That "other" colored badge that screams "I am toilet bowl scum you may crap
on me anytime you want" to all the "important" people.

9. That warm, fuzzy feeling you get deep in your heart when you hear about some
ineffectual, sexually harassing, incompetent manager getting a huge bonus while
accounts payable just can?t seem to cut a check for your $3200.00 invoice from
5 months ago.

8. The "extra" cubicle that has the 700 year old copy machine in right outside
the "door". Employees regularly gather around the machine for insidious bitch
sessions about how the company doesn?t love them, they aren't getting enough
benefits, and how the copier always breaks down.

7. The 386-16 with 4 MB of RAM and a green, Hercules monitor management feels
is sufficient for you to run Word 2000, Photoshop, and a 3-D rending program
simultaneously.

6. Twinkie the brain-dead agency recruiter who feels paying $13.50 an hour for
an embedded device driver programmer is, like, totally phat.

5. Dorf the cube-mate who plays cowboy music EXTRA loud and likes to take off
his filthy boots to air out his rancid feet.

4. Evasive managers who cannot make eye contact with you lest they sink to your
lowly level.

3. The joy of having a sub-level 17 network account which gives you access to
one dot matrix printer that is 2 buildings away and a proxy server that
connects to the Internet via a 1200 baud modem.

2. Two words: Accounts Payable.

And the Number 1 reason to become a contractor:

1. You're never too far from being able to say: "Sayonara suckers, I'm outta
here for another contract!"

http://im.yahoo.com