TIFF viewer/plugin

Subject: TIFF viewer/plugin
From: "Sergej Rinc" <info -at- sinonim -dot- si>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 12:40:17 +0100

Hi,

I'm stumbled with daily HTMLs and TIFF images. The task is to enable their
employers to see them all in web browser (HTMLs have links to related TIFF
files). Now I can blame their press-clipping designers ...

Does anybody know and use a good TIFF viewer/plugin that enables viewing
of TIFF images directly in the browser window. I've searched
http://www.plugins.com and Netscape's plugin directory and found 7 plugins.
After using three of them I'm not satisfied (one has even crashed Internet
Explorer).

So: fast TIFF plugin, all major flavours of TIFF supported (possibly also
LZW/Unisys - don't comment, please!) and working in Windows NT and IE 4+.
If the viewer is free, so much better, but reasonable cost ($30/seat) is OK.
Please mail me personally and I will summarize the results for the list. I
cannot search archives till Monday but if there is something in the archives
please also let me know. Thanks.

Sergej Rinc, Certified Doc-To-Help Trainer
Tehnical Director, Sinonim d.o.o.
Member, International Webmasters Association http://iwanet.org
mailto:info -at- sinonim -dot- si, http://www.sinonim.si/index.html