HTML callouts response

Subject: HTML callouts response
From: Chris Fitzgerald <chrisfitztex -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:34:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone!

Last week, I posted a question about making callouts in HTML. I
was writing instructions on image capturing using SnagIT32 4.3
(5.0 is out now). I sort of knew the answer that it was
impossible using HTML alone.

There were a lot of responses that helped me get on track.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. Some things
seem so obvious when you're not in the thick of it all.

I captured the screen, created callouts in Word (sorry, but the
graphics software on this system is limited) then captured the
"entire image", callouts and all! I saved the new image and
referenced the file in my document. Duh! (A bit tedious to get
all the necessary screens and menus correct, but it was done.)

I was told that the SnagIt 5.0 version has some interesting
tricks, but my instructions were complete when I received this
suggestion. I'll look at the 5.0 version for future tasks.

Thanks again to everyone, and I hope that you're enjoying
"President's Day" off (or an easy work day for our fellow

Chris
http://www.geocities.com/chrisfitztex/chris.htm

http://im.yahoo.com