Re: Review Procedure for Documents & online Help

Subject: Re: Review Procedure for Documents & online Help
From: iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk (Iain Harrison)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:15 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> What are the various steps (or processes) you follow
> in your respective companies in order to ensure
> success (in terms of technical accuracy, etc.) in the
> review of Documentation and online Help?

IME, the best way to get anything properly reviewed is to chat to the
developer responsible for that bit of code, and get him to review the help
for it.

As for getting it reviewed for style, consistency and stuff, only peer
review with other authors seems to work. As the only author where I last
worked, that was problematic!

--

Iain

iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk