Re: e-training?

Subject: Re: e-training?
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "krupp, marguerite" <krupp_marguerite -at- emc -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:48:05 -0800

The company I am on contract to uses WebEx (www.webex.com); another I've seen advertised is Astound (www.astound.com). The 'students' can view the 'trainers' screen (even if they don't have the application). Only week point seems to be the lack of real feedback unless the instructor either has the students work along at a second workstation (beside the one they are viewing the training on), or 'passes' control of the session to the student's in turn (time consuming).

We are wrestling with whether we want to continue training this way. I don't now what the cost is.

Marc

Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer
ePubs, Inc.

"I write, I train; either way you learn."