Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job

Subject: Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job
From: Tothscribe -at- aol -dot- com
To: iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:23:47 EST

In a message dated Wed, 23 Feb 2000 5:15:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com> writes:
> Any suggestions about what to do when working for a liar?

The ideal situation is to get the heck out of Dodge. Failing that, document *everything* and get them to acknowledge the document. "I'm sorry, that last project didn't work, and you feel it was my fault. I've written down what you want me to do this time, so there won't be any mistakes. Could you please initial this so I know it's exactly what you wanted?"

If you have objections to his ideas, write them down too, so he can't say you didn't warn him. Do as much as you can via e-mail because that leaves a written record.

Then brush up your resume, because this is still never going to be a long-term situation.

Nea Dodson