Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job

Subject: Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job
From: SteveFJong -at- aol -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:54:37 EST

Working for a boss who refuses to put anything in writing? Wow! That's one of
the biggest red flags I've ever heard of.

This subject is barely on topic, but I can get it back on track easily.
You're a technical writer, right? Hey, you know how we are: we have to write
down *everything*. Even if your boss won't commit in writing, you can. You
don't even have to mention it to him. But I'd sure take it up the chain of
command if he lies about a directive.

If your boss's boss approves of this behavior, though, I'd have to say you
should quit, because you'll be fired eventually. Tell the recruiter why
you're looking and there should be no further questions asked.

-- Steve

Steven Jong, Documentation Team Manager ("Typo? What tpyo?")
Lightbridge, Inc., 67 South Bedford St., Burlington, MA 01803 USA
mailto:jong -at- lightbridge -dot- com -dot- nospam 781.359.4902 [voice]
Home Sweet Homepage: http://members.aol.com/SteveFJong