Problems with ClickBook 2000

Subject: Problems with ClickBook 2000
From: "Kandis Weiner" <kandis -at- toonboom -dot- com>
To: "techwhirl" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 10:32:45 -0500

Greetings Listers!

My coworker is having problems with ClickBook 2000. He sent off a letter to
their customer support, but wondered if perhaps someone else on the list
might have had this same problem and resolved it.

Here's the story:

I'm trying to configure my printer to print with ClickBook 2000, but I can't
seem to get it right. When I installed the trial version, I actually got the
printer set up properly, but when I installed the registered version, I lost
this setup.

When I start the ClickBook 2000 Printer Setup utility, CB asks me for the
type of printer. When I select it, there's a dialog box that appears for a
nanosecond and disappears. Then there's another dialog box that says CB has
been
set up for my printer. However, this is not the case.

I know what the disappearing dialog box is stating because when I installed
the trial version, it didn't disappear instantly. It says I need to
configure my printer properties for metaspooling (or something like that).
Then it's supposed to open a dialog box that allows me to enable this
property.

However, these two dialog boxes are not appearing when I try to install the
registered version, and therefore, I can't configure my printer. I've
uninstalled CB 2000 and re-installed it several times, but it still doesn't
work.

Anybody seen this problem before and resolved it? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers!

KANDIS WEINER
Technical Writer, Toon Boom Technologies
mailto:kandis -at- toonboom -dot- com