RE: Help! Need official support for non-standard capitalization

Subject: RE: Help! Need official support for non-standard capitalization
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: <anne -at- visi -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:46:27 -0500

Anne

I would believe the following:

You CANNOT change a company name if it is a registered corporate
name/service mark/trade mark. It is a LEGAL title, and I would think that
if the first letter of a title is 'lower-case' then it could be implied as
having the same implied characteristics as a Capital letter.

Some times 'common sense' overrules the 'style guides', which are
reflections of 'common usage'.

With all of the "e-...." titles going around, the rule for capitalization of
'e-...' is being << reestablished >>.

Again, check on the LEGAL use of the company name. Check with your
companies legal counsel.

I am not dispensing legal advice in this email.

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion
of this email are mine and mine alone. They are not the
thoughts, ideas, and/or opinions of any past, present, or
future employers, or any group that I might belong to."

.. snip, snip ...