Re: FrameMaker - Hours to Learn?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker - Hours to Learn?
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:35:22 -0800

I teach Frame at a university extension. 15 hours over 5 weeks. During that
time, the students do the Classroom in a book as home work. In class I show
them how to use the stuff they did in the book. They turn in a book they
created and designed themselves. 15 hours and off line work is not enough.

What I do in class is show my students what hammers, screwdrivers, chisels,
saws, drills, punches, sanders, etc do. I cannot teach them to build a house
because I do not know what the houses they need to build are going to be
like.

The answer to your questions is: It depends. If you are only going to create
shacks from stuff other people have assembled, then 3 days. If you are going
to build your own shack, longer. If you want to build cottages, longer
still. If you need to build a condo complex with room for 1500 people and
have all the electrical work independently of the plumbing and the parking
structures to automatically know where to park the cars, longer still.

I have been using Frame since 1991 and am still learning things about it.
And I teach it, design templates in it, and do other high end stuff.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com