Re: Where are all the entry-level jobs??

Subject: Re: Where are all the entry-level jobs??
From: "Elizabeth Wilczek" <betsywilczek -at- hotmail -dot- com>
From: "Not
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 09:45:58 EST

I've always been envious of California because the state is so rich in chapters of STC (Society for Technical Communication). Check out the chapter websites from the link pages at www.stc.org and find a chapter near you.

I suggest this for three reasons. First, you can build your portfolio by volunteering for the chapter website or newsletter. Second, you can network with real, working technical writers (and *many* headhunters) at chapter meetings. Third, you can build your professional competence by spending time with other people who care about technical writing.

Very good luck with your job hunt--don't give up!

Betsy Devine Wilczek
Webmistress
Society for Technical Communication, NJ Chapter
www.njstc.org