RE: Question: Touch Screens

Subject: RE: Question: Touch Screens
From: Elizabeth Boulet <eboulet -at- mmrd -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:15:26 -0500

I don't know what "EN Manuals" are, but when I've documented touch screen
interfaces, I used good old 'select':

To exit the program, select Exit.
To center the map on a specific location, select the location.

The interfaces I documented could also be used with a mouse. On the
quicksheet, I noted how items were selected (most users of this system had
little or no computer experience):

To select an item on the touch screen, tap the item on the screen.
To select an item with the mouse, position the pointer over the item and
then click the left mouse button.

Now, please don't ask how this corresponds to double-click...

- Elizabeth