Converting Documents Formulas to use

Subject: Converting Documents Formulas to use
From: "Karen Koldyk" <kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:06:25 -0600

Hi all - I think this might be slightly off topic but not sure where to go =
with this so Eric please forgive me if it is.

My proposal for converting our documentation into XML has gone into =
management and met with interest. What I'm trying to come up with now is =
an approximate time frame under 3 different scenarios:

a) converting manually
b) using a program written inhouse to replace proprietary codes with XML =
code on approximately 10% of the documentation
c) using a service bureau

The only information I really have is that we have approximately 1,884,356 =
lines of ebcidec text to convert. So therefore, there all kinds of =
elements that will have to be manually fixed such as tables and eol codes. =
Therefore I need a formula to estimate a timeframe to convert this before =
I can even put a guess on the project timeline.

Any ideas out there?

Karen Koldyk
SQA Tech. Writer
Fleming Companies Inc.
kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com