RE: Wanted: Dumb Tech-Writer Stories

Subject: RE: Wanted: Dumb Tech-Writer Stories
From: jsmith -at- informatica -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:57:38 -0800

A coworker at my former company ran into an interesting situation with her
boss from a previous company. Her boss, the pubs manager, must not have
been all that much of a documentation person. Once, the doc group had a
deadline coming up and they were in a time crunch. (Surprise, surprise.)

In order to save time and effort, the manager told his employees to just
*re-use* the index from the previous version of the documentation. I think
he told them to copy and paste it.

Okay, so this is a scary story, and not a funny one...

Jennie Smith
jsmith -at- informatica -dot- com