RE: Anyone seriously using JavaHelp?

Subject: RE: Anyone seriously using JavaHelp?
From: Debbie Pesach <debbie_pesach -at- attune-networks -dot- com>
To: "'Ward Rosenberry'" <wardr -at- world -dot- std -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 08:38:54 +0200

I am towards the end (?!?) of my first JavaHelp project for an
application written in Java, using ForeHelp 2000 (I am very happy with
ForeHelp).

Because of the Java environment (JDK 1.1.8 and Swing 1.1) there are many
limitations. The trick is to know what the limitations are and work
around them. My personal taste is less bells and whistles anyway. I
created a very vanilla help system, part of it is embedded in the
application. Integrating context sensitivity (F1 and Help buttons from
the GUI) was very easy and easy to maintain.

My main problems that I need to overcome are that the activator text
(the text in the topic that is underlined) of my popups displays in an
enormous font and the cursor doesn't change to the hand over popups, and
the activator text of jumps seems to have the space before the first
word of the jump deleted.

Debbie Pesach
Manager, Technical Publications

Attune Networks Ltd.