Re: Documentation for Beta Users

Subject: Re: Documentation for Beta Users
From: "Arthur Schweke" <tekritelist -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 17:11:27 CST

MacLemale, Laura A. (LNG-MBC) wrote:

Are there any statistics available concerning user preference of a manual
vs. online help for software documentation? Any information or resources
that you might have on this topic would be appreciated.

End-users are more likely to be non-techies than techies, of various ages,
who want to find information quickly and easily from a searchable database.

The market decided what type of documentation end users receive. And the jury has decided on-line help is the way to go.

I just bought a scanner, and there was no hard copy included. Instead there was a PDF instruction manual on the installation cd. They saved a tree, and it worked fine for me.